Happy Monday ! We had a Sunny weekend and enjoyed the outside while the tempters where in the 70’s and nights cool. The perfect time to visit the state. Concern about travel in Louisiana https://www.louisianatravel.com/travel-alerts
Last week on the Blog:
Missed any of these Post? Check them out Now :
This weeks Blog events & holidays :
- Pretzel Day (recipe0
- Babe Ruth Day
- Poetry Reading Day
- Zipper Day
- Honey Day ( Garden time)
Monday Recipe : Pretzels
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour Need 4 to 4 1/2 cups
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 packet Fleischmann’s RapidRise Yeast this is equal to 2 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp corn or canola oil
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- coarse salt
- Combine 2 cups flour, the sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat milk, water, and oil until very warm, approximately 120° to 130°F. Stir warm liquids into flour mixture. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover; let rest on floured surface 10 minutes.
- Divide into 10 equa sizel pieces. Roll each piece to 20-inch rope. Cover and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes until risen slightly. To shape into pretzels: Curve ends of each rope to make a circle; cross ends at top. Twist ends once and lay over bottom of circle. Place on 2 greased baking sheets.
- Brush with beaten eggs then bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; brush again with eggs. Sprinkle with salt, cheese, poppy seed, or sesame seed.
- Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes or until done. Remove pretzels from baking sheets; let cool on wire racks.
Make sure you check out my book blog @ Lisa Everyday Reads 📚 .