It’s Tuesday and the weather here is Cold and Rainy. With the Heat on my hubby dry skin acts up. So today is all about dry skin help from home.
- 4 oz Shea butter
- 4 oz coconut butter
- 4 oz bees wax
I use a Glass Pyrex measuring cup to melt all my ingredients in the microwave. About 30 second at a time. The bees wax will melt the slowest. Then after everything is mixed- Pour into plastic ice trays or small molds.
Oatmeal and Milk Bath
The combination of oatmeal and dried milk is a natural way to reduce irritation and redness that comes with dry skin. Soaking in a scoop full of this homemade recipe will hydrate, exfoliate and smooth skin while being a super relaxing spa-like experience at the same time from the essential oils.
Banana Face Mask ; dry skin
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Mash banana with a fork in a small-medium size bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend together.
- Apply to all areas of your face and leave on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
Avocado Hair mask
- ½ mashed ripe avocado
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 3 drops rosemary or lavender essential oil
- Combine all ingredients
- Massage into hair and scalp, concentrating on the ends
- Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse well
- I look for molds in the Candy sections in the big box stores. Make sure you mark them for Craft use.
- Need supplies: You can buy online, Hobby Lobby or even local Grocery store ( Oils)
- My local supplies : The Dollar store ethnic sections.