Happy National Dog Day! To celebrate I am making Blue a New dog bed. But since my machine is on the fritz – iam making a No Sew version. Using the option I used for fleece blankets i made for my family last winter. So today it’s Blue’s turn.
Dog Bed Sizes
- X-Small – 17″L x 15″W
- Small – 24″L x 18″W
- Medium – 30″L x 21″W
- Large – 36″L x 23″W
- X-Large – 42″L x 28″W
- XX-Large – 48″L x 30″W
Material you will need : Depending on bed size
- 2 pcs of fleece ( or just one large one cut in half)
- Poly -fil ( or quilt batting or Pillows for cushion)
- Scissors, tape measure
- Flat surface( Bed,large table or even clean floor)
First you need to decide on size of your dog Bed. Then buy what you need.
- Open one piece of fabric and place it right side down on a large table or the floor.
- Place poly foam, memory foam, or pillow in the middle of your fabric.
- Cover with your second piece of fleece.
- Grab your measuring tape or ruler and cut down to size, if needed. Ideally, you want to leave 6″ of fabric on all sides.
- Cut out the corners. . And then cut excess fabric into strips (about 1″ – 1 1/2″ thick). Cut around all four sides
- Double knot all of the strips.