September is National Mushroom month and this is an easy skillet recipe that everyone will enjoy in the family. Hope you enjoy it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt Pepper
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Creamy Parmesan Garlic Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1,2 C chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a 3 to 5 minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
- To make the sauce add the butter and melt. Add garlic and cook until tender. Whisk in the flour until it thickens. Whisk in chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Add the spinach and let simmer until it starts to thicken and spinach wilts. Add the chicken and ,mushrooms back to the sauce and serve over pasta is desired.
Which mushrooms are best for cooking?
Cremini Mushrooms (Baby Bella)
Cremini mushrooms are the same variety as button mushrooms and portobellos, but one growth stage after button mushrooms. This gives them a more complex, meaty and savory flavor: making them a top choice for use in recipes.