National Grilled Cheese Day !
And for this Lenten Friday dish is Pimento and Cheese Grilled !
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (you can add a mix if you want)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped jarred pimentos
- optional : Mom adds sweet pickle relish to taste
- ½-1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Slices of your favorite crusty bread
- Make the pimento cheese: In a bowl, stir together the cheese, mayonnaise, pimentos, and Worcestershire sauce .
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spread a few tablespoons of the pimento cheese spread on a slice of bread. Top with a second slice, spread the top of the sandwich with butter, and place in the heated skillet, butter-side down. Spread butter on what is now the top slice of bread, and cook until the sandwich is golden brown on both sides, flipping halfway, for a total of 3-4 minutes. Cut in half and serve with your favorite tomato soup.