Good Morning – In my kitchen today
It’s Thursday food/ recipe post is a nod to my Son’s college. University of Louisiana is home to it’s own Swamp with an alligators . So today we celebrate the alligator :
Fried Alligator tenders :
1 pound alligator meat, cut into chunks (can substitute chicken or pork)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Flour, for dredging
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup hot sauce
1 bottle store bought ranch dressing, for dipping
- Heat a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly season gator meat with salt and pepper prior to dredging them in flour. Combine buttermilk and hot sauce into 1 mixture. Dip the gator meat into the buttermilk and hot sauce mixture and dip, once again, in flour. Then place in deep fryer until golden brown, just a couple minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve with ranch dressing.
Louisiana Grilled Alligator :
- 1 pound alligator tails, cut into 1” pieces
- 3 tablespoons The Original “Louisiana” Brand Hot Sauce™
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 6 (6-inch) skewers
- Add the Hot Sauce, 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, garlic, olive oil, and parsley to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add the alligator tails to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix the melted utter with the remaining Cajun seasoning.
- Preheat the grill to 400°F.
- Remove the alligator from the marinade and thread onto skewers.
- Place the skewers directly onto grill and grill for 2 minutes, per side. Remove the skewers from the grill and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Serve immediately.