Welcome to my Wednesday Link Party !
Thanks for stopping bye this September ! Next up : The Great Pumpkin will be the theme for October. Join me next Wed for the fun!!! And dont forget to share your link …. Lisa
Tom’s at the Grill for this family favorite tailgate recipe :
- 5 lb – Chicken wings (about 25 wings)
- 3 tbsp – Vegetable oil
Ingredients for the sauce :
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce (more if you like it extra spicy)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Simmer on medium low heat, whisking constantly.
- After about 7-10 minutes the sauce will start to thicken. Remove from heat once it reaches the desired consistency, about 12-15 minutes.
- Preheat your grill for a two zone cooking; having hot coals on one half of the grill and nothing on the other;
- Brush the chicken wings with vegetable oil Place the chicken wings on the grill over direct heat for 1 minute per side then move to the indirect zone and close the lid; Cook for 30 to 35 minutes at 350°F;
- Make the sauce and then Transfer the grilled wings into the sauce pan and mix to apply an equal coating; .
Fun Fact :
How do you pronounce General Tso?Spellings such as “tsao,” “tsau,” and “gau,” have been found in Chinese takeout menus across the nation. The most popular, however, is the one that we’ve all come to know and love: tso. So, FINALLY. The big reveal: you don’t pronounce the “T.” ‘Tso‘ is pronounced just as you would say “so.”