Welcome to my Wed linky party ! Today * it’s all about the sides…
Maple Glazed Baby Carrots :
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3½ tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, maple syrup, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Saute over medium heat until tender, stirring occasionally, for about 20-25 minutes, or until carrots are tender. Sauce will be sticky and thick, but will thin out when removed from heat.
- Serve immediately.
Green Bean Casserole Almondine
1/8 teaspoon salt
1tablespoon butter or margarine1package
(8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups
)1shallot, finely chopped
1can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt1cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese1
1/2 cup Progresso™ panko crispy bread crumbs
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2bags (12 oz each) frozen cut green beans
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. In 3-quart saucepan, heat water and 1/8 teaspoon salt to boiling over medium-high heat. Add green beans. Cover; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Drain; set aside.
- 2In 10-inch skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms and shallot in butter 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- 3In large bowl, mix green beans, mushroom mixture, soup, milk and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Spread in casserole. In small bowl, mix cheese, bread crumbs, almonds and 1/4 cup butter. Sprinkle over green bean mixture.
- 4Bake uncovered 35 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden.
Mom’s Corn Bread dressing :
- 1 8½ oz package corn bread
- ½ lb fresh ground beef
- 1 lb Savoie’s® dressing mix, thawed
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon ground red pepper
- 2 ½ cups beef broth, in all
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 slices toasted bread, cubed
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- Bake cornbread according to directions.
- Let cool to touch before using.
- Do not use cornbread mix with sugar.
- In a 5-quart pot over high heat, add ground beef.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add dressing mix, red bell pepper, onion, salt, and red pepper.
- Cook and stir 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup broth, reducing heat to medium.
- Cook 5 minutes; set aside.
- In a 12x9x2” baking dish, add the egg, bread cubes, remaining broth, and green onions. Pour the cooked meat mixture into the baking dish; crumble cornbread with fingers into the mixture.
- Stir well and place in oven.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees.