Welcome to my Saturday !
It’s been a busy week as January is ending. And I am changing my blogs over to February. Lots happen in February : Super Bowl Sunday, Valentine,President Day and Yes! Mardi Gras.
What’s you plan for the Super Bowl? Watching at home-with friends or Not watching it – well what ever your plans mt Saturday recipe will get you ready ! Inspired by the game :
“The sour flavors come from lactic and acetic acids produced by inevitable environmental bacteria, which are working on the flour’s sugars along with the yeast. … And there you have it: San Francisco’s sourdough bread is good because San Francisco’s bacteria is particularly tasty.
Bread Machine : Basic Sourdough Bread
- 3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 cup sourdough starter ( homemade, or from a friend or store bought)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add all ingredients in order suggested by your manufacturer.
- Select white bread setting and push start.
Store bought starters :
King Arthur Flour https://shop.kingarthurflour.com
Ebay and Amazon sells starter
Culture for Health https://shop.culturesforhealth.com (online)
Whole Wheat Sourdough Starter : Culture for health (packaged) https://www.walmart.com