Welcome to My Kitchen today : Waffles are on the menu today :
National Waffle Day !!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
Savory Waffles : Hash brown,ham and cheese
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 8 ounces black forest ham, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high heat. Lightly oil the top and bottom of the waffle iron or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine hash brown potatoes, ham, cheese, eggs, garlic, parsley, thyme and paprika; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour a scant 1/2 cup of the potato mixture into the waffle iron, close gently and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 4-5 minutes.
My son loves homemade waffles and we often have them for dinner. Explore all the flavors of waffles .. Lisa