This Thursday we are on day 4 of the lock down in Louisiana.
Since we are out of school for at least another month or more. Parents are asking : What should I do to help my kids with education ? Maybe just casual or full time home schooling . Today’s post is all about doing that on a budget .
Read a book :
You can borrow books from friends , used book stores or even purchase from various stores .
Make time to Read:
- Set aside a regular read-aloud time with your children. …
- Make sure the reading material isn’t beyond your child’s reading abilities. ..( most books have guidelines on reading levels)
- Look for a variety of reading material and pick something they will enjoy.
- Try buddy reading with your struggling reader.
Workbooks : they can be found at all price ranges. Great if you are without internet :
This is a great way to help your kids and keep them busy doing this break from school. Learning can be fun and done casually as part of every day life.
But maybe you are interested in homeschooling full time :
Set a Home school Budget and stretch it with these tips
- Join a local home school group. Great way to find out information and help . And most hold trade day for supplies no longer need.
- Hang on to textbooks and curricula from year to year. It can be sold or let friends borrow it.
- Take full advantage of sales. …that book stores and sites offer.
- Check your local community ed center. For free classes, .
Dollar tree education center : great set of supplies
Here are just a few of the places where you can buy used homeschool curriculum:
- HomeschoolClassifieds.com. …http://homeschoolclassifieds.com/
- The AcademicStore. …
- The Back Pack. …
- Second Harvest Curriculum. …
- Amazon. …
- eBay. …
- Swap.com. …
- Paperback Swap.
Homeschooling can be done on any budget . Online or through a bought curriculum – you just need to do your research before you start and make a commitment. Lisa