Motivation is the process that initiates, guides, and maintains goal-oriented behaviors. It is what causes you to act, whether it is getting a glass of water to reduce thirst or reading a book to gain knowledge. What motivate you this Monday ?
Motivation involves the biological, emotional, social, and cognitive forces that activate behavior. In everyday usage, the term “motivation” is frequently used to describe why a person does something. It is the driving force behind human actions.
- Extrinsic Motivation. Extrinsic motivation comes from outside us. …
- Intrinsic Motivation. Intrinsic motivation is done for internal reasons, for example to align with values or simply for the hedonistic pleasure of doing something. …
- Introjected Motivation. …
- Identified Motivation.
Uses of motivation :
- Help improve the efficiency of people as they work toward goals
- Help people take action
- Encourage people to engage in health-oriented behaviors
- Help people avoid unhealthy or maladaptive behaviors such as risk-taking and addiction
- Help people feel more in control of their lives
- Improve overall well-being and happiness