And today on my food blog -it’s going to the dogs…..
- pumpkin puree
- peanut butter* (see note below)
- whole wheat flour
These dog biscuits are made much like sugar cookies. The dough is stiff and a little sticky. You will need to roll it out with a rolling pin and cut out shape. Make the dog treats as big or little as you like – whatever your pup prefers. Place the treats on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and bake until the treat is as crunchy as you like. About 20 to 30 minutes.
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.*
- Let cool completely.