Tomorrow is National Cappuccinos Day -so I am sharing a recipe today so you have everything for tomorrow . If you are like me I am no way close to a coffee shop or a Starbucks – so make it at Home….. Lisa
- 1 cup milk , preferably skim
- strong coffee
- cinnamon , for dusting
- cocoa powder , for dusting
Brew some strong coffee, then half fill a 2 cup measuring cup with milk (skim milk gives the best foam). Microwave until almost boiling, about 1 minute and 20 seconds. Place a whisk in the milk. Holding the handle between your palms, vigorously rub your hands together so the whisk spins back and forth, creating foam. Partially fill a mug with the coffee, them pour in the hot milk, holding the foam back with a spoon. Ladle on the foam, then dust with cinnamon and cocoa powder.
For Gift Giving : in a jar
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- ¾ cup instant coffee granules
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a medium sized glass jar, combine the non-dairy creamer, chocolate drink mix, instant coffee, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
- Step 2To prepare, place 2 tablespoons mix in a mug, pour in 3/4 cup boiling water, and stir until dissolved. Serve hot.