Thanks for joining me at the local Library for some Holiday books , a fun Chat and some Hot Chocolate . So let’s check out today’s book:
If only life was a cheesy holiday movie…
Unfortunately for Aspen Harris, her life doesn’t even come close.
Finding herself unemployed just before the holidays, she has no choice but to move back home and in her parents’ house. And that means leaving behind her best friend Gabriel and all her dreams of someday owning her own chocolate shop. So when Gabe suggests she come to Silver Bell Falls to spend the holidays with his family, it seems like the perfect distraction.
What’s so great about holiday movies?
Don’t people realize that living in an actual Christmas town is anything but magical?
Every year, Gabriel Andrews goes home to Silver Bell Falls to help his father run the family Christmas tree lot. When Aspen tells him she has to move to the other side of the country after losing her job, he suggests she come home with him for the holidays. It’s the perfect way to spend as much time together as possible before a whole country separates them.
But this is Silver Bell Falls at Christmas time…between a mother with matchmaking tendencies, tight living quarters and far too much chocolate, it doesn’t take very long for life to start imitating
Book Chat :
Inspired by the book : Favorite Christmas movie? Egg Nogs or Hot Chocolate ? Real tree or Fake? Will you be going home for Christmas?
My Answers : White Christmas ,Hot Chocolate and I love real trees but this year artificial. I am staying home this Christmas just with our small family together.
Slow Cooked Hot Chocolate :
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows for serving
- In a 4-quart (or larger) slow cooker, combine all the ingredients. Give it a good stir. Updated to add: Some folks felt it was easier to heat up a cup of milk, then stir in the cocoa. It was mentioned that the cocoa blends in better this way. Then the warm milk mixture is then stirred in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for about 2 hours. Stir occasionally as it warms up. It’s ready when all the chocolate chips have melted and mixture is warm.
- Ladle into mugs and top with marshmallows or whipped cream and a mini candy cane!