Today’s Wellness Wednesday post is all about DIY Coffee Scrubs. Make a batch for yourself or give as a gift…. Lisa
- 1/2 cup fresh ground coffee (Fresh are best, but dry used grounds will work, too)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Tip: Choose fine grounds, as the coarse kind can be too harsh for sensitive or delicate skin.
- Mix together 1/2 cup fresh ground coffee and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut oil into the coffee mixture and 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Gently rub the mixture over your body—avoid areas around the eyes. Leave it on for several minutes. Rinse thoroughly. (Be careful if using the scrub in the shower, as the oil can make the floor a bit slippery.)
Face Scrub 3 Ingredients
- ½ cup coffee grounds
- ¼ cup vitamin E
- ¼ cup honey
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Gently apply and massage into the skin in circular, upward motions for three minutes.
- Rinse with water and pat dry.
For oily or acne-prone Honey is a great alternate to coconut oil and rubbing the mixture into your skin, leave it on for a mask for five to 10 minutes.
Coffee Scrub Benefits:
The sand-like texture of coffee grounds makes a great exfoliant in homemade scrubs. The grounds work to gently remove dead skin cells, which helps to rejuvenate and boost circulation. (Hello, youthful, glowing, silky-smooth skin!) Exfoliants can also plump and tighten, helping to temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite.