On our Easter table is always a plate or two of Emily’s Deviled Eggs. I am sharing this recipe as well as some fun Easter pics. It’s all about the Egg.
Em’s Deviled Eggs :
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 dashes vinegar-based hot sauce (Tabasco)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pickle relish sweet
- paprika optional
- Place eggs in the bottom of a large pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat. Turn off heat, cover the pan and let the eggs sit for 20 minutes. Drain eggs and place in cold water to cool to the touch.
- Peel the eggs and slice them in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the yolk and place them in a small bowl. Use a fork to mash up the yolks. Add the mayo, mustard, hot sauce, and garlic powder. Mix until smooth. Add the pickle relish. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture equally back into the whites. Decorate with paprika ,fresh parley or hot pepper flakes.