GoodMorning Peeps! Today ‘s recipe is Mom’s Lemon Bars. Every Good Friday our family has a large celebration and Mom always made her Lemon Bars. Since Mom’s not here this Good Friday I am making them in my kitchen…..
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp (276g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar*
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (4-5 lemons)
- Pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- To make the crust, combine the flour, powdered sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla extract and stir to combine completely.
- Crumble and distribute over the bottom of the pan and press evenly into the bottom so that it’s even.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are just getting lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- To make the filling, combine the sugar and flour. Add the eggs, lemon juice and salt and whisk together to combine. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust and bake for 18-22 minutes or until relatively set. Remove from the oven and cool for 15-20 minutes on the counter, then refrigerate until cold and firm.
- Remove bars from pan and dust with powdered sugar, then cut into squares.