Happy Wednesday ! It’s time for another recipe from Mom’s recipe box. One of her favorites and perfect for Mother’s Day lunch.
Marsala Shrimp scampi
- 1tablespoon oil
- 1onion, chopped
- 14oz mushrooms, cut in fourths
- 2garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3cup vegetable broth or water
- 2/3cup Marsala wine
- 32medium-sized shrimp, cleaned and tails removed
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
In a large frying pan, heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.Add the mushrooms, cooking them until golden brown for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.Add the finely chopped garlic and cook an additional minute. Season with salt and pepper. In a cup, dissolve the cornstarch in the broth or cold water, adding the Marsala wine and thoroughly stirring.Pour the wine mix in the frying pan and stir well. Add the shrimp and cook for 4 minutes. As soon as the shrimp turns pink, add the butter and vinegar. Stir, adjust the seasoning and serve garnished with chopped parsley. Serve immediately to avoid overcooking the shrimp. Serve over cooked Linguine.
Olive Garden’s recipe
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp shelled and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3-5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 pkg angel hair pasta
- Heat pasta according to package directions
- HEAT oil in a saute pan. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute; do not brown. Add butter, wine, red pepper, salt and pepper and reduce by half.
- ADD shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes until fully cooked.
- TRANSFER pasta to plate and top with shrimp mixture.