Happy October 1st! Today’s post is about Coffee and Pumpkin Spice and all thing Nice. Lisa
International Coffee Day : Pumpkin Spice Latte
2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 to 3 tablespoons sugar, depending on how sweet you like it
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for serving
1/2 cup strong hot coffee
Whipped cream, for serving
Add milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until hot, Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and the coffee. Grab Two mugs and fill leaving room for whipped cream and top with
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 2&1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1&1/4 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
Let’s Bake :
Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer and in a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until well blended. Mix in the pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla until smooth. Slowly mix in the flour mixture until just combined. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour or until the dough is firm enough to roll in your hands.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, roll out rounded cookie dough and generously coat in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottoms. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.