Thanks for stopping bye my Food Blog. Every Wednesday I share a family recipes from my kitchen and sometimes another item I am cooking up in my kitchen.
Today’s recipe is inspired by the fresh tomatoes I just picked in the Community Garden. Ms. Mary and the guys planted early and the first crop is in:
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 tsp fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese grated
- Place an oven rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400ºF. Spray an 8 X 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, basil, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the tops off and hollow out the tomato by removing the pulp and seeds with a spoon. Dice the pulp and add it to the bread crumb mixture.
- Gently mix the ingredients until they are well combined. Fill each tomato with stuffing and place in prepared baking dish. Drizzle each tomato with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.