With Summer heat my hubby dry skin always flares up. Here’s my DIY recipe to help him with that problem.
- 3 tablespoons beeswax pellets
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup avocado oil (sweet almond, olive or jojoba make great choices, too)
- 2 tablespoons shea butter or Coca butter
- optional: 20 drops essential oil of choice
- Add a few inches of water to a skillet and place on your stove at medium low heat.
- Place a glass jar in the water and add your beeswax to the jar. Allow the beeswax to melt – this takes 15 or more minutes. Pour liquid into jars of choice small size this recipe fills 2 jars) and place on the counter for a few hours to harden.
- 14 oz jar of coconut oil
- Essential oil
- Mold ( candy molds or plastic ice trays)
- A sheet pan larger than the mold.
- Place jar of coconut oil in a bowl or sink of warm water. (Coconut oil doesn’t need to be very warm to melt.
- While coconut is melting, place the mold on a sheet pan to make moving it easy without spilling.
- After oil is melted, add about 30 drops of the essential oil of your choosing. Place lid back on and shake to combine.
- Pour oil into the mold. Be careful not to fill them completely full. Place the sheet pan with the mold on it in the refrigerator or freezer. I put mine in the garage in the winter.
- Once hardened, pop them out and store in a zip top bag in the bathroom.
COOLING FACE AND BODY MIST
Makes approximately 3/4 cups.
Use this mist whenever you need a little cooling off. Peppermint can be very refreshing. Incorporating green tea into this blend can help to reduce redness.
• 3/4 cups (6 oz) distilled or purified water
• 1 Tbsp. dried peppermint leaf ( from my garden)
• 1/2 tsp. Green Tea leaf
• 1 drop peppermint oil l (optional)
1. Pour boiling water over the peppermint and green sencha tea leaves and infuse until cool.
2. Strain and pour liquid into a spray bottle.
3. Add the essential oil (if using) and shake to combine all ingredients.
4. Store in the refrigerator and use within 1 week.