School started back this week in South Louisiana – so today I am sharing some lunch box favorite for both Teachers and kids.
- 4 ounces. cream cheese
- ▢salt and pepper
- ▢1 green onion; thinly sliced
- ▢6 slices deli turkey
- ▢4 slices cheddar cheese
- ▢2 regular sized tortillas
- ▢1/4 cup shredded lettuce(optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, green onions, salt and pepper until combined.
- Lay one tortilla flat on a cutting board and spread half of the cream cheese mixture all the way to the edges. This will act like the “glue” and seal the tortillas together.
- Sprinkle half of the lettuce on the the tortilla and then layer 3 slices of turkey and 2 pieces of cheese. Be sure to place the turkey and cheese on the left side of the tortilla but not touching the edge. Start by rolling one end of the tortilla gently but tightly. Roll until the tortilla is completely rolled up and press your finger to seal the tortilla roll ups. Add more cream cheese if needed to seal more. Continue with the remaning tortilla.
- Cut each tortilla roll up in half and then cut each half into 5 pieces and remove the unfilled ends or keep them to eat! Serve and enjoy!
One thought on “BTS Lunch : Turkey and Cheddar Roll up”
What a lovely little lunch!
LikeLiked by 1 person