This Friday I am celebrating National Tea day. So how do you makes a perfect cup of Tea>
Cup of British Tea :
- boiling water
- 1teaspoon low-fat milk (or to taste)
- 1teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
First, you have to boil the water – don’t just heat it, boil it. Second, add the boiling water to the tea bag, not the other way round. – putting the water in the cup and adding the bag to it – is a recipe for disaster. Unless the water is at boiling point when it makes contact with the tea, the tea will never properly brew.. Make sure the cup or pot is nice and hot before you start. If necessary, rinse it out with near-boiling water. And keep it covered while the tea is brewing. Leave the bag in the water for at least two minutes – longer if you like your tea strong. And for goodness sake, resist the temptation to dunk. Just leave the bag alone until the drink is ready! Add milk and sugar to taste.
Sun Brew Ice Tea:
Sun Tea Recipe:
- 16 cups of filtered water (fill up a one gallon glass jar with lid)
- 4 family size black tea bags (or, 1 regular tea bag for every cup of water)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- Lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
- Fill one gallon glass container (with lid).
- Add 4 family size black tea bags.
- Place lid tightly on glass container. Sit in direct sunlight for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from sun and pour tea into a pot. Bring to a rapid boil (to help kill bacteria).*
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Pour over ice and garnish with lemon.