This Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday ! And we are going to a neighbor for the event. But I was requested to bring Mom Sausage bread.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1/2 C diced onion, celery, bell pepper
- 1 package chopped frozen Spinach (thawed and water squeezed out)
- 1/2 tsp Itilan seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 loaves of frozen bread (thawed)
- 2 C of shredded Cheese
- 1 Egg , lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a skillet cook your breakfast sausage until no longer pink. Add onion,celey and bell pepper and cook until soft add seasoning and mix with Spinach after cooling.
Roll each piece of bread dough into a 9×13-inch rectangle .Spread half the sausage mixture across each piece of dough and .add cheese.
- Roll each one up jellyroll-style. Pinch and tuck under the dough on the ends to seal. Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a knife to cut about 6 small slits in the top of each one. Brush the dough with egg.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned. Serve hot.
Super Bowl invite and fun decorations. for table and cupcakes….
My tip :
Instead of Breakfast Sausage you can use ground meat, turkey or ground deer meat.
No frozen bread ? You can use Pizza Dough .