Today is Friday Feb 24th- and my family is planning for the Parade in Lafayette on Saturday.
Because of work schedule Saturday parades work for us. Even though school is out for a week and its a legal holiday -not all things stop for Mardi Gras.
Parade going has a lot of tradition for people –
Which Parade? (there many ) Most people have a favorite .
Where to Stand ? Route, next to food or bathrooms , beginning or end of parade
What to bring / Wear ? The weather can be a deciding factor on clothes. Some people bring chairs to sit, ladder to catch beads and cooler.
With a family and getting older we do the easy and safe way. We go to Saturday Parade- couple of stop along the way for some treats and off to the parade at a secure location.
Getting ready for Parade-street scene
Saturday – I will be posting from the parade – check my Saturday & Sunday post for Parade action. Lisa
Saturday, February 25
- Butte La Rose Mardi Gras Parade, 10 am
- Youngsville Mardi Gras Parade, Youngsville, 11 am
- Baldwin Mardi Gras Parade, 11:30 am
- Krewe de Bow Wow Dog Parade, Eunice, 12 pm
- Children’s Parade, Lafayette, 12:30 pm
- Lake Fausse Point Mardi Gras Parade, 2 pm
- Krewe of Dionysus, Bayou Vista, 2 pm
- Krewe of Bonaparte, Lafayette, 6:30 pm