Thursday – Food find is all about End of Summer Foods.
Today’s Item Pulled Pork -cooked in Crock pot low and slow.
- Meat – large pork shoulder or Boston Butt (trimmed)
- Rub a little oil on meat and cover in choice of dry spices .
- On the Bottom of my crock pot -I layer sliced onion & bell peppers
- Place meat in Crock pot – Pour in -Liquid.
- Liquid can be your choice of – chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce ,apple juice or beer . ( about 2 cups)
- Cook on Slow for 8 – 10 hours ( checking every few hours )
- When Done it will fall apart -Then add BBQ sauce. If you add early it may burn.
I cook mine the day before serving. That way you after cooling you can skim away fat and use juices for sauce.
Cole Slaw this one is vinegar base
- Green Cabbage ( you can slice your own or a bag pre made)
- Sauce is made with
- 1/4 c red vinegar
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs oil
- Sprinkle of Sesame Oil ( be very careful on amount)
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
Make in early in the day and let it Soak up the flavors.
You can serve as separates on a plate or Pile it together on a sandwich – the choice is yours. Lisa