Welcome to Foodie Thursday !!!
Today is very special day – It’s Fried Rice Day ! And i am sharing my hubby recipe from his family res truant :
Mayflower Fried Rice
- 2 Cups of cold Rice ( we make it that night before and leave in refrigerator to dry) And then Fluff on sheet pan.
- 2 T Oil ( canola or peanut oil)
- 2 C Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 T minced Garlic
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 2 C mixed vegetables ( frozen fine)
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1/2 t salt
- 8 oz meat ( we use leftovers : chicken ,pork or shrimp)
- you can add been sprouts
If you have a wok or large skillet heat up to hi. Add oil and cook onions& garlic. Add vegetables and Heat, Add Rice and brown Add Eggs -cook by mixing with rice. Add meat and toss with Soy sauce and bean sprouts if used them.
Kitchen Tip :
* If you like it a little darker in Color my husband adds a dash of Oyster Sauce.
You can also add a dash of sesame oil to the rice if you enjoy the flavor.
- Make sure everything is prepared and close by when you start to cook. It cooks fast with lots of Mixing.