Happy Chinese New Year ! 2019 is the year of the Pig :
Chinese New Year in our family is all about family,food and fun .
Tom’s Fried Rice :
- Rice ( cooked the night before and let it dry) Long gain/ Jasmine
- 2 t oil for wok
- eggs (beaten)
- Cut vegetables ( can be frozen) if not blanch before cooking in wok.
- soy sauce to taste
- green onions
- Meat of your choice ( cut small if using)
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, once hot add in the rice.
- Stir-fry the rice to evenly coated with oil, then spread and lightly press around the pan.Add vegetables and cook lightly.
Pour in whisked eggs, allow to sit for about 30 seconds, then gradually stir to create small scrambled egg pieces, stir to combine with the rice.
- Top with chopped green onions and soy sauce as needed.