It’s Thursday and time for my Food Blog !
Today is National Taco Day and I am celebrating an easy Chicken taco recipe made in my crockpot.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 chopped onions
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can of tomatoes with green chilies
- Combine chicken broth and taco seasoning mix in a bowl. Place chicken in a slow cooker and onions. Pour chicken broth and tomatoes mixture over chicken.
- And cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours. Shred chicken.
- Serve with flat tortilla or soft taco shells
Taco Seasoning :
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt % peeper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container.