Good Morning !
Join me as we wait for The Great Pumpkin this October !
Leave your Link for great pumpkin recipes, decorations and more … Lisa
Pumpkin Fun Facts
Great Pumpkin : In 1966, creator Charles “Sparky” Shulz, director-animator Bill Melendez, and producer Lee Mendelson brought one of the greatest Halloween classics to our television sets—and 52 years later, we still can’t get enough
New Hampshire Man Grows the Largest Pumpkin in North American History. A New Hampshire man has grown the largest pumpkin ever recorded in U.S. history – weighing in at an astounding 2,528 pounds.
I will start off with it : Pumpkin Spice latte
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons pure pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for sprinkling
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup hot espresso or strong brewed coffee
Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Combine the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a medium microwave safe bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and vent with a small hole. Microwave until the milk is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk vigorously until the milk mixture is foamy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the espresso or coffee into a large mug and add the foamed milk. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
- 3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177ºC).
- Wash pumpkin seeds in a colander to remove the pulp and fibers. Thoroughly dry pumpkin seeds with a towel.
- In a small bowl combine pumpkin seeds, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika (if using), and black pepper.
- Lightly grease a sheet pan with olive oil. Evenly spread the seasoned pumpkin seeds on the sheet pan.
- Bake until the seeds are toasted and crunchy, about 15 to 30 minutes. Stir the pumpkin seeds every 5 minutes for even toasting, and check for doneness with each stir by tasting a seed for crunchiness.