Welcome to the Great Pumpkin Watch !
Today’s Linky Party friends is a classic Pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing. Or too some a traybake (Yes! I have been watching Great British Bake Off)
Pumpkin Fun Facts:
- In early colonial times, pumpkins were used as an ingredient for the crust of pies, not the filling.
- Pumpkins were once recommended for removing freckles and curing snake bites.
- Pumpkin flowers are edible.
- Pumpkins are 90 percent water.
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 (29 oz) can pumpkin puree about 3 1/2 cups
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugars, oil, and pumpkin together until combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Stir until combined *just* combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Cream cheese icing :
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add in heavy cream and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add in powdered sugar and beat until combined and fluffy.
- Frost cooled bars.