Our family tradition for Halloween is putting a big batch of Chili for Hot Dog and Chili to eat after Trick a Treat is finish. The family gathers together at Moms and shares pictures and a fun meal for all the family.
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1/3 C water ( stock)
- 1/2 C Ketchup
- 5 oz of tomato sauce (small can)
- 21/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Each : salt,pepper,onion powder,sugar
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
Place ground beef in a large saucepan with water .. Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, chili powder, salt, black pepper, sugar, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until the chili has thickened slightly and the beef is fully cooked, about 20 minutes.
Add Hot dogs and fixing and a good times.
- 1 can Crescent Rolls
- slices of American cheese
- 10 large hot dogs
- spray oil,ketchup & mustard
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
- 3With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough. Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
- 4Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like “bandages,” stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate “bandages” so hot dog shows through for “face.” On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down); spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
- 5Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot. With mustard, draw features on “face.”