Nutella (/nutɛlə/; Italian pronunciation: [nuˈtɛlla]) is a brand of sweetened hazelnut cocoa spread. Nutella is manufactured by the Italian company Ferrero and was first introduced in 1964, although its first iteration dates to 1963.
Homemade Nutella :
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mild vegetable oil, such as canola
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
First you need to prep the chestnuts. Spread out the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake about 12 minutes. Take out and remove the skins. Set aside. Then melt the chocolate over a double boiler or microwave until smoothed.
In a food processor, grind the hazelnuts until they form a paste. Add the oil, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and continue processing until the mixture is as smooth.Add the melted chocolate, blend well. You can strain or leave chunky -your choice. Place in container and let cool . . Enjoy for about 2 weeks.
Easy No Bake Nutella Pie :
- 1 Chocolate cookie pie shell
- 1 (8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 ½ cups chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces whipped dessert topping ( divided)
Using an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese with the whisk attachment for 30 seconds just to loosen it up. Add the chocolate hazelnut spread, vanilla, and salt and continue to whip for 1-2 minutes or until well combined. Stop the mixer, scrape the sides using a rubber spatula and add the whipped dessert topping. Turn the mixer back on medium-low just long enough for everything to combine. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust. Smooth out the top and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours before serving . To serve soon after making, freeze the pie for 1 hour, top with whipped cream topping and refrigerate.