My Monday recipe battle is on : and it’s the battle of the best cold remedy. My Granny cure for the cold is a whiskey based hot toddy that taste much better than the stuff you buy in the store. Filled with great ingredients proven to help battle cold symptoms. But my hubby swear by his Grandmother’s Ginger Tea for sore throats and cold. The Choice is yours… Let me know your favorite? Lisa
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ ounces whiskey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons honey, to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1 lemon round
- In a teapot or saucepan, bring the water to a simmer. Pour the hot water into a mug.
- Add the whiskey, 2 teaspoons honey and 2 teaspoon lemon juice. Stir until the honey has disappeared into the hot water. Taste, and add 1 teaspoon honey for more sweetness, and/or 1 teaspoon more lemon juice for more zing.
- Garnish with a lemon round
Ginger Tea :
- 1-inch fresh ginger root (no need to peel it)
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon honey
Pour 1 cup boiling water over the ginger and let it steep for 3 minutes Then .put the lemon juice and the honey in a large mug.Strain the ginger tea into the mug.Stir to dissolve the honey, taste, and add more honey or lemon juice if you like.