Today in my kitchen I am making Soap. It’s fun and easy and using just a few supplies. Soap making using Melt and Pour base can be made by everyone. Let’s get started….
Why Lemon :
Lemon glycerin soap is a refreshing bar to start your day off with and makes a great choice for anyone with oily skin or acne. I is not harsh at all though, so is also fine for anyone else. It just has added benefits for those skin issues. Not only is lemon soap pretty it is great for anti-aging, due to it’s high vitamin C levels. It also reduces excess oil and is great for reducing acne.
- 6 ounces of melt and pour glycerin soap base – cut into small chunks
- zest of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp lemon essence oil
- Soap molds
- Place the glycerin soap and lemon zest in a microwave safe container preferably a large glass measuring cup. Microwave for 30 seconds, then check and stir with a chopstick or spoon. Remove when soap is just melted or very close to fully melted and stir.
- Allow to cool while stirring. This helps the essential oils not dissipate off to quickly while being mixed in, but don’t be to fussy about it. Some will dissipate, but much will remain and the flashpoint of lemon essential oil is lower than the melt point of the soap base so you can’t stop it completely. Fragrance oils generally are less likely to waft away, but don’t have the benefits of essential oil either.
- Pour the soap mixture into the silicone molds and set aside to cool.
- Once full cool, pop the soap bars out. Be sure to store them in an airtight container or package after to avoid loosing the lemon scent.