Today on my Food Blog it’s Waffles for lunch and Dinner . It was National Waffle Day yesterday so I am making Waffles for Dinner. So grab your trustly Waffle maker and lets get cooking ! Lisa
Waffled Chorizo-Cheese Quesadilla
1 lime, juiced
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
Pinch kosher salt
1 teaspoon vegetable oil, plus more brushing tortillas
2 ounces fresh chorizo, removed from casings
Four 6- to 8-inch flour tortillas
2/3 cup shredded Cheddar
- Combine the lime juice, onions and salt in a small nonreactive bowl, tossing occasionally. Let sit at room temperature until the onions are pink, about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Brush one side of 2 tortillas with oil and lay dry-side up on a work surface. Scatter each with 1/3 cup cheese, then the pickled onions. Sandwich with the remaining tortillas and brush the tops with oil.
- Place 1 quesadilla in the waffle iron, close gently (don’t push down) and cook until golden brown and the cheese is melted, 4 to 6 minutes. Repeat with the remaining quesadilla. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and top with the chorizo. Serve with salsa, sour cream and avocad
Waffled Tomato-Grilled Cheese
Olive oil, for drizzling
8 slices country white bread
Melted unsalted butter, for brushing
1/4 cup mayonnaise
12 slices cheese, such as Cheddar, Swiss, Muenster or a combination
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Arrange the tomatoes on a baking sheet cut-side down. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Slow-roast until the tomatoes are soft and wrinkled, about 1 hour. Set aside to cool. (The tomatoes can be made and refrigerated up to 1 day ahead.)
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Brush one side of each bread slice with melted butter. Lay the bread out on a clean work surface, dry-side up. Spread each slice of bread with some of the mayonnaise. Top 4 bread slices with 2 tomato halves, slightly smashing them into the bread. Top with 3 cheese slices each and the remaining bread slices.
- Place two sandwiches at a time in the waffle iron and gently close the lid (don’t press down). Cook until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are golden-brown, 6 to 10 minutes. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches. Cut in half and serve.
Waffled Brownie Sundae
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for brushing waffle iron
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (to keep cooked waffles warm). Sift together the flour, cocoa powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine half the chocolate and the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Stir in the sugar and eggs. Add the flour mixture and remaining chocolate and stir until just combined.
- Lightly brush the top and bottom of the waffle iron with butter. Fill the waffle iron about three-quarters of the way full (some waffle iron should still be showing). Close the lid gently and cook until the waffles are cooked through and slightly crispy around the edges, 4 to 6 minutes. Keep the cooked waffles warm in a 200 degrees F oven or covered with foil on a plate while you make the remaining waffles.
- Top each waffle with ice cream, whipped cream, caramel sauce, sprinkles and a cherry, if desired.
Waffle makers can be used for many things other than waffles : What to buy? Best ones for 2021 :
- Cuisinart Round Classic Waffle Maker.
- Presto Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker.
- Dash Mini Waffle Maker.
- Oster Belgian Waffle Maker.
- Hamilton Beach Belgian Waffle Maker.
- Babycakes Waffle Stick Maker.
- Hamilton Beach 2-Slice Nonstick Belgian Waffle Maker.
- Black+Decker Rotating Waffle Maker.