Tomorrow we start school here in Louisiana. In most places mandatory mask in place for kids. And questions about keeping schools open in midst of Delta (COVID) Here’s some questions I get evry year !
Expensive of Home schooling :
If you are a traditional home schooling – thers is a Cost to buying Books and Lessons.
The Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) estimates that the average parent spends about $300 to $600 per year, per child, on homeschooling curriculum, games, and books.
But you can do these things to save money !
- Buy used Curriculum. From other parents and Swap meets.https://www.thehomeschoolmom.com/homeschool-curriculum-reviews/
- Us Coupons and Sales to get bargain prices.https://www.theunlikelyhomeschool.com/2013/04/top-5-websites-for-inexpensive.html
- Library : A great way to find books .
- Check out Facebook groups and Home school groups for used books .
Check out here for more informationhttps://hslda.org/content/orgs/
You can use a free system : from your local school system or Charter ( K12 or Connections)
They supply everything you need for school. Our local school system supplied laptops,books and hot spots for all students.
This varies by state ! In most states if you traditional home school you can apply to your local school system to play sports.
And you will have to pick up the cost. Most Charter school parents join a public league or Co Op sports program.
Tips to try :
- Many private schools allow homeschoolers to play on their teams – my son plays basketball for a local Christian school.
- Create your own opportunity. For example, my kids played on a homeschool USTA tennis team. A few moms worked with local tennis coaches to set up instruction times, and then registered a USTA team of homeschoolers.
- Check the YMCA – our YMCA offers certain sports through high school and I have also seen special opportunities for homeschoolers, too.
The Big Question you will get from friends and Family. You can join a Co-Op for home schooling, Private or Public lesson in Art, Music and Sports. Church meeting and camps as well as Volunteering. Check on line and talk to other parents about meet ups or play groups . Lots of things are a viable if you do a little research.
Help Your Homeschooler Find Friends
- Join a support group. …
- Check out online groups. …
- While most kids are at school, visit kid-friendly places. …
- Join classes or co-ops for homeschoolers. …
- Host a get-together. …
- Go to homeschool events. …
- Go to church. …
- Pursue hobbies.
Do Kids get Diploma or Go to College ?
Do you get a diploma for homeschooling? Yes, homeschoolers get a diploma just like other high school graduates upon completion of their high school studies. Parents are responsible for maintaining education records and creating or following graduation requirements in order to issue a home school diploma.
Charter schools or Public schools that are on line issues regular diplomas.
My son had many offers from both public and private schools for college after graduating from his Charter school. If you are doing traditional home school – you might contact the College you want to attend and see what the requirements are. A friends daughter was only required to take the ACT for Nursing school.