Happy Fried Chicken Day ! Today on my blog I am featuring a Summer salad with Crispy Cajun Fried Chicken strips ! So enjoy this recipe :
- 1 small boneless skinless Chicken Breast,
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons bread crumbs or panko
- ¾ teaspoon cajon seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil, or canola ( for frying )
Take your chicken pieces . and dip in beaten egg . Cover in dry mixture – and Fry in hot oil in batches. Let Cool on Cooling rack.
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Egg ( Hard Boiled)
- 1 ½ cups Iceberg Lettuce, preferably a mix with carrots and red cabbage
- ¼ cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ¼ Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun Mustard or Dijon
- 1/3 cup tri color tortilla strips
Assemble the Salad
- Add the lettuce to a large plate or salad bowl. Top with tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, and cheese.
- Slice the chicken strips into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle them on top.
- Drizzle with Cajun mustard, and top with tortilla strips . Enjoy