It’s National Watermelon Day !
Did you know that adding watermelon to your skincare routine may help refresh dull skin? Not only is watermelon delicious with numerous health benefits for inside your body, there are benefits to using watermelon on the outside, too. Watermelon contains vitamin C, which can help to build and maintain healthy collagen levels.
Brighten and hydrate: Treat yourself to an at-home facial or mask by combining Greek yogurt (to exfoliate and purify) and watermelon (for hydration). For the ultimate glow-up, apply for 10 minutes, rinse and pat dry. It’s that easy!
What you need:
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp watermelon juice
- Apply mask to face and neck for 10 minutes before rinsing off. Pat dry.
Watermelon Toner – What you need:
- 1/3 cup watermelon juice
- 1 tbsp witch hazel
- 1 tsp distilled water
Watermelon Toner – How to:
- Add watermelon juice to a small bowl and combine with the witch hazel and water, mixing well. Apply toner to clean face. Allow toner to remain on your face for a few minutes and then rinse off with warm water and pat dry. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Exfoliate and polish: Don’t stop at your face! Bring together watermelon juice, lemon juice, sugar and watermelon rind zest for a gentle body scrub that will make your body glow. Besides, it not only helps bring out your best skin, it smells amazing, too!
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup watermelon juice
- 1 tsp microplaned watermelon rind zest (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or other oil
- Combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed. The zest and olive oil are optional. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week. When you shower, take a handful of scrub and gently rub on the skin, rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
From facials to a full-body spa treatment, watermelon is ideal for gaining back (and maintaining) a healthy glow!