Today’s recipe is about eating Healthy. This is a vegan recipe with Canned pumpkin but if you have that works.
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans pumpkin puree, (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 cups chicken stock, (or vegetable stock for vegetarian/vegan)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
TO ADD AT THE END
- ½ cup heavy cream, (or full-fat coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Add the onion, garlic, pumpkin puree, tomato sauce, maple syrup, stock, cinnamon, and salt to a 6-quart slow cooker, stirring to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8, or until the onion is very tender Uncover and add the cream or coconut milk and lemon juice. Using an immersion blender, blend until very smooth. Alternatively, working in batches, carefully ladle the soup into a blender and blend on high until smooth.