Welcome to Saturday at the Melville Library. We are having a fun day of Books ,Crafts, Movies and treats for Halloween
Some our favorite Halloween reads:
Our Crafts :
Easy crafts with what i had on hand. Using toilet paper rolls, paint and craft foam.
Our Movie & treat :
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups Bugles
- 1 cup Halloween M&Ms
- ½ cup Reese’s Pieces
- Preheat your oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix Chex cereal, pretzels, and Bugles on the prepared baking sheet. Spread into an even layer and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring often, over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until smooth and combined. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Carefully pour the sauce over the Chex mixture on the lined baking sheet. Using a spatula, toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Use a spatula to turn the mixture once or twice again while it cools to help break up any large clumps.
- To a large bowl, add the cooled Chex mixture, M&Ms, and Reese’s pieces. Toss to combine.