My grandmother usually made them with sweet potatoes but today’s twist is Pumpkin. With some homemade Cinnamon Honey Butter. Yummy !
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter, divided
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine pumpkin and buttermilk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Melt remaining butter; brush over biscuits. Serve warm.
Cinnamon Homey Whipped Butter;
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup honey
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
In a large mixing bowl, place butter and powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add rest of ingredients. And beat until smooth-refrigerate.