Welcome to the last day of January and its only fitting today recipes are some of my family’s favorite cold weather soups : So Soup is on! Lets Cook-
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1 T cornstarch
- 2 T cold water
- 1 Large egg /slightly beaten
- 1 green onion sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Drizzle beaten egg into hot broth, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in onion.
Easy Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
- 4 C Chicken stock ( homemade is best)
- Left over cook chicken meat
- Chinese Noodles (fresh or package)
- 2 Trees of Bok Choy
- Salt,Pepper and green onions sliced fine
Heat chicken broth -add meat . Then cook noodles in water until almost done-add bok choy leaves and finish cooking. In a soup bowl place sliced green onions -chicken stock/meat and Add Noodles. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cooking Hint :
If you can’t find fresh noodles, packaged wheat or egg noodles will work well. You can even use rice noodles or maifun. Dry lo mein will work, too.
When you use dry noodles, always refer to the instructions on the packaging to prepare the noodles.