Welcome to the second week of Stay at Home ban in Louisiana. And the news is grim and the state as now extend the ban until 4/30. We are all doing okay as life goes on..Spending some extra time in the yard cleaning flower beds and setting up for new vegetable plants and herbs. Lisa
Spring Rose potpourri :
After dead heading your roses, you can use them to make potpourri:0
- Pull the petals off the roses.
- Spread the petals out on a screen and let them dry in a warm and dry place (approximately 2 – 3 days).
- Separately, dry some whole rose buds, some lavender, some rosemary, and some orange peel.
- In a bowl, combine one cup of dried rose petals, one half cup of dried lavender, and one quarter cup of dried rosemary. Add one eighth teaspoon of ground cloves and cinnamon, plus dried rosebuds and orange peels. Add a few drops of rose or lavender oil. Add one quarter teaspoon of fixative like crushed orris root. Orris root can be found in many health food and herbal stores. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a Mason jar. Cover the mouth with Saran wrap. Store the jar in a cool dark place for 6 weeks.
- In 6 weeks the mixture will be blended. Transfer to a bowl or use the lid to be removed when you want to release the fragrance. You can also sew the mixture into small bags to put into drawers, closets, or storage boxes.