I always grow a big container of Herbs at my front door. When at there peak I use fresh and as the season finish I dry them to use later in a recipe.
How to Cultivate Basil
- Soil: Basil does its best in well-drained, moist soil with a neutral pH. …
- Sun: Basil grows well in warm environments that receive about six hours of sun each day. …
- Water: Give basil water when the soil is dry to the touch, doing your best to water the plant at its base and not all over its leaves.
Lime Basil Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- zest from one lime
- 3 tbsp very finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line the cookie sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer (or hand-held mixer) cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg, vanilla, zest, and basil. Mix together until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then mix into the butter mixture until combined.
- Scoop cookie dough using a 2″ cookie scoop. Place dough balls about 1 inch apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies/oven.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for a few minutes