Welcome to my Monday !
May is starting off another 2 weeks of stay at home in Louisiana. And we are getting creative on how to celebrate !
- Saturday : Brunch & Scrapbook Day !
- Sunday : Church in the parking lot (you tube) -Women of the Bible
- Monday : Herb day (recipe & planting tips)
- Tuesday ( Cinco de Mayo & Teacher’s Appreciation : Tomorrow I will be sharing some favorite recipes from my favorite Mexican restaurant. Sending Virtual cards to teachers .
- Gearing up to Mother’s Day : with gifts,family memories and more .
Stay tune for a busy week !
Kentucky Derby Mint Julp :
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 ounces bourbon
- Garnish: bitters
- Garnish: mint sprig
- In a Julep cup or rocks glass, lightly muddle the mint and syrup.
- Add the bourbon and pack tightly with crushed ice.
- Stir until the cup is frosted on the outside.
- Top with more crushed ice to form an ice dome and garnish with a mint sprig
You can make a non alcoholic version with 2 cups of crushed ice, 1/2 C of lemonade , 1 T mashed mint leaves, 1/4 C water and 1/4 C sugar. Stir and add mint leaves.
Kentucky Derby News 2020 :
The 2020 Kentucky Derby will be the 146th Kentucky Derby. The Kentucky Derby is regularly scheduled to be held on the first Saturday in May, but the 2020 running was rescheduled to Saturday, September 5, due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.