Today I am sharing some Fun Valentine cards…. That makes the perfect gift with the cookies below. So enjoy…
These fun cards uses cute Valentine digital stamps (Bugaboo for boy) and an old one I had that inspired the recipe below so my little piggy is done in kisses colors. Colored with pencils and markers and layered on card stock with cute embellishments.
Chocolate Kiss Cookies:
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolates chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar , plus more for rolling cookies in
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 30 Hershey kisses unwrapped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Melt the chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl aside and let cool.
- To your stand mixer add the butter and sugar to a stand mixer with the beater attachment on medium speed until lightened in color and fluffy, about ( 2 minutes)
- Add in the vanilla, egg and finally the cooled melted chocolate.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and add it into the stand mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Scoop with a 1 tablespoon measure into a bowl of sugar and roll in the sugar. Bake 8- 10 minutes. Once baked and still hot – press in the unwrapped kisses,