Join hunter and chef Jenn Danella for page after page of crave-worthy recipes that bring wild game to breakfast, lunch, dinner—even the tailgate!
If you’ve ever struggled to get your whole family to enjoy a meal built around venison, or if you need ideas to use up meat from the hunt, you’ve come to the right place. In The Weeknight Wild Game Cookbook, you’ll find exciting venison and wild game recipes based on familiar favorites. From burgers, sliders, and enchiladas to soups, stews, and grilled delights, these recipes are easy and approachable, which makes cooking with flavorful proteins more accessible. Find chapter after chapter of wild game cooking that inspires:
- Breakfast and Brunch: Venison and Bacon Breakfast Pizza, Venison Quiche, Honey Butter Pheasant Biscuit, Mini Chorizo Wild Hog Egg Bites
- Appetizer/Tailgate Food: Triple Wild Game Meatballs, Venison Cheeseburger Mini Muffins, Sweet Heat BBQ Wild Turkey Bites, Spinach and Mushroom Venison Pinwheels, Rabbit Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Soups, Stews, and Slow-Cooked Meals: Venison Stuffed Pepper Soup, Asian Wild Turkey and Potsticker Soup, Wild Hog and Cider Stew, Rabbit Bourguignon, Braised French Onion Pheasant, Slow Cooker Venison Barbacoa
- Baked and Fried: Venison Chili Mac, BBQ Venison Crescent Ring Pizza, White Enchiladas with Wild Turkey, Wild Game Tater Tot Casserole, Chicken Fried Venison, Pan Fried Duck Dumplings
- Grilled and Griddled: Bourbon Wild Turkey, Venison Birria Style Tacos, Venison Smash Burgers, Jamaican Jerk Pheasant, Thai Chili Turkey Lettuce Cups, Chipotle Venison Kebabs
Jenn also reviews basic butchery for venison, so the process of achieving particular cuts is demystified. Whether you’re the hunter in your family or just the lucky beneficiary of the hunt, it’s time to get cooking!
ARC Book Review:
Do you have a Hunter in your Family? I do and this Cookbook is the perfect gift for them. Like the Author my Dad introduced me too hunting and my Mom cooked we brought Home. In Bad times this was the family meat source,
I appreciate this author being a self taught Chef and a hunter herself. And She covers everything from butchering to breakfast meals. The Cookbook is filled with lots of tips and tricks to prepare the meat. So if you have picky eaters in your family they will never turn down meat from the Wild again. I enjoyed this Cookbook very much and recommend this book to friends and family. ARC from Net Galley.
I bought this book for my nephew after reviewing this book he will love it.