St. Patrick Day Celebrations
It’s St. Patrick’s Day week and Louisiana has the festivities to prove it. Don some green and check out one of these events this weekend.
- Patty In The Parc is 6 p.m. Friday at Parc International in downtown Lafayette. The annual St. Patrick’s Day celebration features Better than Ezra and Wayne Toups this year.
- St. Paddy’s Bicycle Parade and Festival is Saturday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Kiroli Park in West Monroe.
- Patty in the Plaza is Saturday in Festival Plaza in Shreveport. Gates open at 5 p.m., and the party goes until 11 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the gate, with special pricing for kids.
- Fatty’s St. Patty’s Block Party starts at 6 p.m. Friday and will feature the Seratones, The Bristol Hills, a pig roast, ice cream and drinks on Clyde Fant Parkway in Shreveport. There is no admission.
- Wearin’ of the Green St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Baton Rouge starts at 10 a.m. Saturday at the corner of Hundred Oaks at South Acadian Thruway.
- Iowa Rabbit Festival is Friday and Saturday at the Burton Coliseum Complex in Lake Charles. The annual event features live music and cook-offs.
- Amite Oyster Days is Friday through Sunday in downtown Amite. The festival starts at 3 p.m. Friday and features live entertainment, carnival rides, vendors and plenty of oysters.
- Louisiana Redbud Festival is Saturday on Northwest Front Street in Vivian. Events run all day, including music on the square, a parade, food and arts and craft booths.
- Festival of Live Oaks is Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at New Iberia City Park. There will be an Easter egg hunt, arts and crafts, music, workshops, pony rides, barbecue cook-off and refreshments